CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I hate football!

Pulling up in the Mountain View parking lot an hour late to Ryder's game, we got a text that he was hurt, followed by a pic of a fire truck pulled up to the field. As we were scurrying to park Dano's brother Jake and his friend came up to our window. We asked what was going on and they said some kid was paralyzed on the field! I said, "THATS MY BROTHER!!" and jumped out of the truck. 

Turns out they were kidding and felt bad, but not knowing this, I ran as fast as I could onto the field balling my eyes out because I thought I'd have a vegetable of a brother lying there. I ran into Megan and she quickly filled me in.

Ryder leaned in for a block and somehow hurt his neck. After the play he staggered off the field. His legs gave out from under him, he blacked out and was on the ground.

Megan & I walked over to where Ryder was, joining my mom, dad, and some pretty cute firefighters ( am I allowed to say that??). Ryder asked my dad for a blessing. One of the firefighters was kind enough to assist my dad in administering the blessing.

The ambulance showed up shortly after and Ryder was taken away to St. Joe's Hospital. He was given a CT scan and then had to wait for the results. Megan, Wyatt, Marci, Kelly and myself waited in the waiting room while my mom and dad waited with Ryder.

It came back all clear. It was just a "zinger" (what does that mean?) maybe a scare? He had a slight concussion and had a sore neck and back but other than that he was fine. WHAT A RELIEF!! The only downer is he can't ever play football again....I'll miss watching his games. He has quite some talent!

So that was the background story. Here is the real reason I posted today:)

Ryder of course did not attend school today so he was at home. After school a TON of boys were at the door. Ryder's friends came over to surprise him and see how he was doing. They were so happy that he was okay.  



I had no idea so many boys could fit in this house!



My mom bought pizza and soda for all the hungry boys! Yum!



The boys wrote Ryder's name and number on their arms at school today in honor of him!


How lucky he is to have such great friends that truly love and care about him. There are so many people that called to make sure he was okay and so many prayers that were offered for him. Our family is so blessed to have so much support and so many loving people surrounding us!


I LOVE YOU BROTHER! I DON'T KNOW WHAT
 WE WOULD DO WITHOUT YOU AND
I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!


11 comments:

The Brown's

Ahhh!!! I love this post!! We do have an awsome family!! Their the best ever!!

Alexa Mae

omgosh that crazy! poor ryder! im glad he's okay. he looks just like clint, it's so crazy.

Busy Bee Lauren

Are you kidding?! That is the scariest story!

I am so glad he is ok and that he has such awesome friends.

love you!

Anonymous

I am SO glad that Ryder is OK. What a scare that was! Those are some cute boys and how nice they are to come and visit Ryder. The arm thing is impressive too! He is special.

Hardwick Family

How scary!! Glad everything turned out ok!!! Other than he can never play ball anymore!! My cousins name is Ryder and thats the only one I know!! I didnt know that was your bros name!!?

leah prince

i'm so glad your brother is ok, your family is so blessed.

Bethany

Oh my goodness i am glad he's ok! The same thing happened to Andrew a couple weeks ago at his football game! I wasn't there, but i guess he made some sort of amazing tackle and his padding came off and he broke his collar bone! The Dr. said he can't play the rest of the season!

Bethany

ps.... seeing all those boys in that tv room brings back soooo many memories of having sleep overs in there with lindsay k. and kelsie and you and me! bahahha i learned so many things! like e.l. fudge takes the hot away! awe... good old day!

ConnieB

Lindsay- You don't know me but I was blog hopping and landed here. Once I started reading this I couldn't stop! It almost made me cry- a similar thing happened to my baby brother! I'm glad he is OK, although I'm sorry he can't play anymore. SO sad :(



Bye!

Emily

wow high school boys can be sweet! seriously so happy he is ok! what a scare! it was good to see you too!

Anonymous

Lindsay! Hey! I am so glad your brother is okay, poor guy. Haha so Clint is in our ward up here in Idaho! HOW RANDOM?! haha I think he told you.. anyway, I hope all is well! You and your little family are so beautiful! :)

Post a Comment